Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. - Seneca, Roman philosopher and statesmen
Dear p:ear -I found this cash while I was walking my dog. I know you will use to help kids in need.Thanks for all you do!- A fan
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Pippa's pretty happy to see everyone at Brunch Responsibly!
Nearly 80 guests turned out to experience Sunday brunch in support of the p:ear barista school. Broder's Peter Bro poured his famous Bloody Mary's with aquavit (a strong Scandinavian liquor that will put some hair on your chest!) while Caffe Vita's Chad Freilino and p:ear barista school graduate Jutebox mixed coffee drinks for guests while they waited for Jason French's first course to come out.
Tahoe Jackson gave a rousing vocal performance and guests help raise nearly $5,000 to use as the p:ear barista school's fall operations.
We are so grateful to Chad Freilino and Caffe Vita for all their support and hard work. And a big thanks to Jason French, Tahoe Jackson, Peter Bro, Whole Foods, Medowsweet, Small Vineyards and Colleen Sorenson for their time and generosity in making this event happen.
The coffee cart is now open for business, Monday through Friday from 7 am until noon, and is located in the Trim/Vojdani gallery next to p:ear on NW Flanders. Stop by for a cup!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Includes activities as diverse as picking up meals to serving on a committee (marketing and development, food co-ordination, events planning, etc.), to "work parties" designed to support First Thursday events or improve the facility.
Works a specific project for a specified time, i.e., artistic workshops, hosting and tour guides for a First Thursday exhibition, supporting staff during an off-site cultural or recreation event.
Works directly with youth on a weekly basis providing mentorship, tutoring, meal handling, participating in daily activities.
If you are interested in becoming a p:ear volunteer, please download this p:ear Volunteer Application.
Joy Cartier -- 503-228-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift certificates to Rite-Aid, Whole Foods, Fred Meyer and True Value Hardware (to meet daily needs from milk to first-aid supplies to light bulbs!)
- First aid supplies/kits
- Bus tickets (given to youth for travel home, hospital, job-site, treatment or recovery groups)
- Food – donation of meal or supplementary fruit, juice, dairy items on weekly/monthly basis
- Gift certificates to Office Depot and Powell's Books
- Spiral notebooks
- Calculators, rulers, pens, compasses, etc.
- Financial scholarships for further education, and/or financial support for school supplies and housing for students in school
- Gift certificates to Michael’s, Art Media or Utrecht
- Water-based painting supplies
- Acrylic pints
- Canvas and frames
- Craft supplies
- Beading supplies
- Sewing supplies
- Scissors, glues, glitters
- Markers and gel pens
- 35mm film
- Camera bodies and lenses
- $100 sponsorship of a First Thursday Art Opening at p:ear gallery
- Tickets to cultural outing
- B + W photo paper
- Tickets to sports events
- Quality new or barely used recreational equipment or clothing
- New men’s socks
- Black Large Hoodies
- Quality new or barely used recreational equipment / clothing
- $500 sponsorship towards ‘camp p:ear’, ‘winter camp’ and other recreational outings
- Gift certificate to Boxer’s and/or other kitchen supply store
- Produce, from the Farmer's Market, the store, or your backyard!
- Fresh milk and dairy products
- Gift certificate to organic food stores and/or local farmer’s markets
- Quality cookware and utensils
- Quality instruments